Hip joint replacement surgery is a procedure in which the expert surgeon, Dr. Gaurav Bhargava, surgically removes a painful hip joint with arthritis and replaces it with an artificial joint often made from metal and plastic components. It usually is done when all other treatment options have failed to provide adequate pain relief. The procedure should relieve a painful hip joint, making walking easier.
If you have these arthritis symptoms, you should consider a hip replacement:
• Severe hip pain that is not relieved by medication and that interferes with your work, sleep or everyday activity.
• Hip Stiffness that restricts motion and makes it difficult to walk.
The three major types of hip joint replacement are:
1. Total hip replacement (most common)
2. Partial hip replacement
3. Hip resurfacing
The most common type of hip replacement surgery is called a total hip replacement (also called total hip arthroplasty). In this surgery, worn-out or damaged sections of your hip are replaced with artificial implants. The socket is replaced with a durable plastic cup, which may or may not also include a titanium metal shell. Your femoral head will be removed and replaced with a ball made from ceramic or a metal alloy. The new ball is attached to a metal stem that is inserted into the top of your femur.
Two other types of hip joint replacement surgeries are :
These surgeries are generally appropriate for patients of specific age groups and activity levels
• Partial hip replacement (also called hemiarthroplasty) involves replacing only one side of the hip joint – the femoral head – instead of both sides as in total hip replacement. This procedure is most commonly done in older patients who have fractured their hip.
• Hip resurfacing of the femoral head and socket is most commonly done in younger, active patients.
• Dual Mobility Hip joint replacement – Maximum mobility with Maximum stability. The combination you desire
When looking for an orthopedic surgeon to perform your hip replacement surgeon, your one stop solution is Dr. Gaurav Bhargava, the best orthopedic surgeon in Kanpur. Joint